Wednesday, April 23, 2014

"HANDY-DANDY" OVERALLS for CLASSROOM HELPERS


Hi There,

If you're like me you just can't sit still for long.  I am on Spring Break (no vacation for me...boo!)   and I feel the need to repurpose some old overalls.

So... what could be cuter than making a classroom helper station.  I wish I could give credit where it is due but I can't remember what or who inspired me!

 Hmmm.... It will come to me and then I'll repost this again.  So here is how you make these Handy Dandy {and Oh  So "CUTE as a Button" overalls}.



You'll need:
An old pair of kids' overalls
A bunch of 2"X 2" gingham squares
A thin tipped permanent marker
Colored permanent markers
Fabric glue
An old wooden hanger
Clothespins (one for each student)

Step 1.  Iron the overalls
Step 2.  Write the classroom jobs on the gingham swatches with the permanent marker. You can add little stitches around the edges too.


Step 3. Glue the swatches onto the overalls. I also put cardboard in the legs of the overalls to make them stiff and flat.

Step 4. Decorate the wooden hanger with the permanent markers.


Step 5. Write the students' names on the clothespins.



Assign some jobs. The kids REALLY love to help and it will save you lots of time!.. Usually be the end of the year I have the kids doing much of the work around the classroom.  I just teach and do the administrative duties.

This is my SPRING BREAK SURPRISE!!!
 I installed  this little house on the facade of my new house .  It is actually designed to hold a garden hose.  But look what I found today....(I love birds, they remind me of my Dad).

I am thrilled! {although the eggs are a little close to the front door} and am inspired to work on some sweet little bird activities.  But I better hurry; there aren't too many weeks left to the school year so I did make a NEW NO-PREP Pack. I can't wait to use these activities.  These printables will make the end of the year a breeze.........








Be sure to check it out by downloading the preview file for a look and  a FREEBIE!  Click on the picture to see the product.

Take care &  enjoy the signs of spring and new life,

Until Next Time,


No comments:

LinkWithin