Thursday, August 4, 2016

Summer Project!!! Homemade Laundry Detergent. Soooo Easy Phosphate free :)



       Musings, ideas, projects, thoughts....on life, family, home, shopping and classrooms. 

Summertime means project time around the house and for school. Boy, I have plenty planned. From soap making to painting. From name tags to reading passages.

LAUNDRY DETERGENT {Easy~Phosphate Free Suds}

So let's get started with some good clean fun! A few years back my daughter had a lot of skin issues and the phosphates in the detergents were clearly the issue ....Then I stumbled upon this {hmmm....Looks like something I can share with friends}. Here is my soapbox (aka pet food dispenser) from Walmart.  You can see how much I used over the last two years.  That's just a little crazy I think. The container wasn't even full to the top! Now granted I only have a family of three but my daughter is a teen and might change 2 or 3 times each day depending on what activities or whims she might inspire her to do so :/

Once everything was made I think it was a whoppin' $25!


XL

I think it is time replenish so I don't run out during the school year and there is no way I am buying detergent ever again and get taken to the laundry ;) ! 
So here is what I need to make the magic happen:

3 Bars or Fels Naptha
2 Cups or Washing Soda
2 Cups of Borax:

Here's how to make some suds:
Microwave 3 bars of Fels Naptha (2 min per bar) Crazy I know but just do it.
Grate soap in a blender.
Dump soap in  a bowl and mix in 2 cups of washing soda and 2 cups Borax.


No phosphates! 3 cent per load. Works great! I use it on floors, the car...you name it! Give it a try and let me know what you think! I can't wait to hear from you!

No comments:

LinkWithin